Adult chaperons must accompany children under 18. Individual sleepovers are $59.95 per person, $49.95 for Annual Pass Holders. Currently public and scout sleepovers are reduced 25% off the non-member price for all aquarium-goers ($44.96/person).
Open Public Sleepovers
After everyone has gone home and the aquarium has closed its doors for the night, we invite you to join us for an exciting night of exploration. Discover the Austin Aquarium after hours and sleep beside one of our exhibits. The aquarium offers sleepovers for families, youth groups and adults. Dates below are for the public and are not exclusive to your party. At the below dates, other guests will be included in the sleepover. All guests will receive:
- nocturnal animal tour including night-time shark feeding and octopus viewing
- morning bird feeding
- movie night (bring your treats; we’ll provide the popcorn)
- sweet dreams followed by a continental tank-side breakfast
- Includes experience of closing and opening routines with a staff member.
- May 9th (Saturday) – Wake up with Mom at the Aquarium for Mother’s Day!
- June 20th (Saturday) – Wake up with Dad at the Aquarium for Father’s Day!
- August 22nd (Saturday)
- October 23rd (Friday)
- December 19th (Saturday)
- Or a night of your choice for a private Sleep with the Sharks
Scout groups receive member pricing of $49.95/person
Currently scout sleepovers are reduced 25% off the non-member price for all aquarium-goers ($44.96/person).
Boy and Girl Scouts can join us for their unique experience as a troop! Simply use the link below to find your date to book, or contact us by phone. All the features of Public Sleepovers listed above will be offered, except the party will include only those you invite!
- May 15th (Friday)
- October 31st (Saturday) – Celebrate Halloween with the Sharks!
- December 12th (Saturday)
- OR a night of your own for groups of 14 or more.
- May 16th (Saturday)
- October 30th (Friday) – Celebrate Halloween with the Sharks!
- December 11th (Friday)
- OR a night of your own for groups of 14 or more.
For questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-222-5586.
Hurry, these memorable and exhilarating events fill up fast!
Note: Public sleepover events may be cancelled with two weeks notice if minimum enrollment is inadequate. In event of cancellation, full refunds will be given. Member sleepover prices are reserved for the member and their guests. Minimum age for sleepover is five for PUBLIC sleepovers unless written exception is given in advance from Austin Aquarium. There is no age limit for private sleepovers.
Private Sleep with the Sharks ensures the aquarium will be yours alone for the night. There is a 12 person (or $500) minimum for private sleepover events. Past 12 people, there is a $19 per person fee. Private groups for over 50 people, please contact us for special pricing and planning. Deposit toward this event is $300, remainder to be paid the night of the event. Using the Private Sleep with the Sharks button below, you may select your own preferred date and no other guests will be allowed to attend; private groups will have the entire aquarium exclusively for their group for the night. Groups that do not desire to pay the $500 minimum can stay on the nights listed below along with other registered guests, paying the per person price rather than the group price which is $59.95 for non-annual pass holders or $49.95 for annual pass holders and stay with others on one of the Public Sleepover dates listed below. Currently public sleepovers are reduced 25% off the non-member price for all aquarium-goers ($44.96/person).
Preparing for Your Experience
Preparing for your experience:
- Sleepovers start at 8:00 p.m. and end at 9:00 a.m. the next morning.
- After 11pm the doors will be locked from the outside (for emergencies the doors open up from the inside) for security.
- Any private or public Sleep with the Sharks booking needs to acquire written permission from Austin Aquarium in advance of your event to bring in alcohol.
What to Bring
- Sleeping bag and pillow. Air mattresses or cots are welcome.
- Toothbrush, toothpaste and other toiletries as needed.
- Change of clothes and night clothes if desired.
What Happy Guests Are Saying
Here is what some of our fans are saying about Sleep with the Sharks!
What a fabulous way to wake up this morning!!! Amazing sleepover!!! We slept all night next to the rays and sharks! Wow, what a sight when you open your eyes!!!! Thank you Cinnamon and Jeremy!!! You were super host and hostess! What a great learning experience!!! Xoxoxo!!! Jeremy and Cinnamon, thank you both for a VERY memorable FUN FUN FUN experience!!! …Elizabeth We had a wonderful overnight at the aquarium! Our children treated us and the whole family was there! The attendants were so nice and informative! Great for all ages. Loved the stingrays! A very relaxed and informal space and especially enjoyed being able to touch so many things – coral , stingrays, turtles, etc. We’ll be back . Good for toddlers thru grandparents! …Sue and Tim O’Shea Fort Worth, TX We had such an excellent time at our sleepover. The hostesses were gracious and helpful. We would recommend it to anyone! Touching the animals over and over was my kids favorite part, they didn’t want to leave the next morning! Thank you! …Maribel L.